Saturday, September 13, 2008

I like dihydrogen monoxide. It has played a very special role in life, namely sustaining it. :) It has also made it much more interesting (and moist). Recently I somehow convinced Robin that the one thing that our beautiful home is missing is a small aquarium in the basement, and wouldn't ya know it, I found a small, unused 240 gallon 4'x4'x2' custom acrylic tank for sale (....small is a relative term...). It was the perfect little tank! so I have recently begun a new adventure in the aquatic world....setting up an aquarium that I have to pay for! The adventure actually started when we tried to get this little aquarium home.....they just don't make trucks as big as they used to or something, but that's another story.

So if you had an afternoon, 40 bucks, and part of an ex-waterbed frame/headboard, what would you do with them? The obvious answer is build a rock-solid custom stand for an awesome Thai river biotope tank, what else?!

If you too need to build something, what do you do first?.....Draw up the plans, in extreme detail no less. (Yes that is the actual blueprint I worked off of. If you need help reading it, please contact me and I can get you a copy of the key)



Measure, measure, cut.....

Keepin it Square, careful......

The most versatile bedframe I've ever slept on, it has served me well since '88!


....Tada!! On the stand (Albeit upside-down)
Now for plumbing plans........Yep, that'll fly.


...and that's where she sits now. If only it was that easy for Robin to decide what she wants me to face it with!! Next time, plumbing and hydro test!!!

So obviously to do this right one must become one with the cryptocorynes, but the one question remaining question.....which cyprinids to go with?...hmmm

-E

3 comments:

Robin said...

So, your wife must be absolutely awesome because that looks like quite the project you've got ahead of you. Don't forget to save a little time to spend with that jewel of a wife you have!

Brooke said...

cryptocorynes? cyprinids? Huh?! You must be real smart, you use big words!

Michelle said...

Dave and I loved this post, that was too funny!!We too love dihydrogen monoxide, but I have heard that it is really dangerous, especially if you breath it outside the womb, check out this website about just how scary that chemical can be...http://www.dhmo.org/