Sunday, September 28, 2008

I'm a moderately big loser

With a fair amount of effort and work, I now have one less lie in my life. For years I carried this little lie around with me everywhere, and even fooled a few cops along the way. I am of course referring to the three digit number that represents my weight on earth in imperial units. My license has had a weight on it that I had not seen staring back at me from the digital readout of our bathroom scale since Leo was king of the world.

I'm not sure exactly why I let myself get so big, but I can honestly say that I have always had a pretty good self image. I had never felt that my extra baggage had kept me from doing things that I enjoyed, and I think this fact helped get me up to the over 20 stone guy you see here with a very attractive woman at Sea World (I do think that Shamu still had me by a few tonnes however).



With the help of a very active and excited dog, I learned that running in the winter is actually quite enjoyable, and I stay much drier than when I used to run at noon in mid summer (they called me Evan "Sweat-ball" Jamison for a reason). It wasn't easy to start, and this is when I realized just how out of shape I really had become. I also decided to use the falcon perch/towel hanger/total gym 1000 complete exercise system for it's intended purpose for a while (endorsed by Chuck Norris himself, I believe for the use as a falcon perch, but I could just be remembering it wrong...)

I also learned to enjoy real food, and my palate changed dramatically over a few short weeks. I didn't crave sugar, nor did I want to eat late at night anymore. I actually lost most of the weight in about two months, and have been creeping back down to my high school weight, which I have now been sitting at or around for about 4 months. Here is me in my "skinny jeans" a few months ago that are now way to big for me (I'm down another 15 since this shot).


So here I sit, four pant sizes smaller maintaining a admirable 210, and back to eating ice cream almost daily. I do love having a much more efficient metabolism.....thanks Chuck!! The only drawback to this whole thing is that right before this dramatic change in size, I acquired quite a few nice pairs of pants for Christmas that really only fit for about a month or so. I guess that's not so bad, at least there is a lot of material for a denim quilt at some point.

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Yea!
Just send some of that motivation over to me!

Michelle said...

I am so impressed! I liked the 2 pictures to compare, you motivate me!